On 10 September 2019, Professor Diego P Fernández Arroyo has been appointed Member of the Permanent Court of Arbitration by Argentina. The PCA was the first permanent intergovernmental organization to provide a forum for the resolution of international disputes through arbitration and other peaceful means. Members of the Court are potential arbitrators appointed by Contracting Parties. Each Contracting Party state is entitled to nominate up to four persons of “known competency in questions of international law, of the highest moral reputation and disposed to accept the duties of arbitrators” as “Members of the Court.” Members of the PCA are appointed for a term of six years, and their appointments can be renewed.
- The IACL reveals the final list of topics for the General Congress 2022 in Asunción
- Online Launch — Diplomatura en Contratos y Litigios Judiciales Internacionales 2020
- Cambridge-Sciences Po (CAMPO) Collaborative Research Project ‘Who owns natural resources?’
- Challenges for Private International Law: Sixth session of the series of weekly virtual forums ‘Inter-American law in times of pandemic’ – Organization of American States (OAS)
- Hague Academy of International Law Centre for Studies and Research on “Applicable Law Issues in International Arbitration” postponed to 2021